Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Big Boys Don't Need Binkies!!

October 27, 2006

November 4th, 2006


Nov 2007

Wesley has been down to 1 binky for the past few months now and that binky has been slightly torn for a little over a month. We've been trying to talk him into getting rid of it, but of course he wasn't into that idea. He's had a love for his binkies since he was born. Well, that slight tear turned into a big tear and Adam and I were worried about the choking hazard, so we cut it today. Adam immediately showed it to Wesley and said it was broken. He proceeded to suck on it for a few minutes until I told him the story of the "binky fairy" and how we could give it to her to give to all the other babies that need one. He instantly put his binky back on his bed and went back to playing. I thought that the issue was over for the day and that we might be able to talk him into getting rid of his binky another day. When I arrived home from work Adam informed me that Wesley did not request his binky, nor did he search for it. He went to sleep without his binky for the first time in about 2 years!! Are we really binky free that easily? Harper and Jaran, just wait, the binky fairy may have a special delivery coming for you! :)

2 comments:

Woodside's said...

Oh, I just love him! I can't believe how time flies. He keeps getting cuter and cuter everyday!

Garet and Amanda said...

oh I miss this kid! Like Kiri said I can't believe how fast time went. He grew up.