Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You Would Not Believe It!

If any of you ever watch Little Einsteins you would be hearing Leo's voice while reading the title to this post just like I am! :)
Yup, that's me. I ran a 5K! Should I say it again? You would not believe it! I almost didn't! I'm sure my gym teacher was laughing her head off somewhere. I am not a runner! I did everything I could to get out of running the mile in high school. I was even lucky enough to get in a minor car accident and I milked that for at least 3 weeks! My sister's the one that started it. She's been training with a friend of hers for quite awhile--their next step is a half-marathon. No, you will not be seeing any pictures of me doing that! So, anyway, she signed up for this thing on the 4th of July and my Dad decided it would be kind of fun, so he signed up too. The charity that was hosting the run accidentally charged my Dad twice and they didn't call him back to fix it, so he asked if I wanted to do it. Mind you, this was 3 days before the big day--I said, "sure, why not, sounds fun." Adam and I ran Friday morning for about 20 minutes. I felt pretty good, thought this would be a piece of cake! I finished in 36 mins 48 secs. To all those real runners out there, I know that stinks! But for me, I was so proud of myself. I ran the whole way, except for the few seconds when my ribs were about to collapse on me after I downed a cup of water they were handing out! See. I'm not a runner--everyone knows you don't drink that water! Wowsers! It was very exhilirating! My favorite part was seeing my family waiting for me at the end when I knew I actually did it! I didn't give up! You might even see me doing it again next year! :)

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Good for you, lady!

Stacey said...

That is awesome. I too, am not a runner, so I am very impressed!

Garet and Amanda said...

Good Job! Isn't it fun! I didn't like the training for the races but I LOVED the race..I loved the addrinaline, and I loved the feeling of the accomplishment. So FUN!!! Makes me want to go do one right now!!! That is awesome that you did that...oh and by the way. I don't consider myself a runner but I consider Marlee my sister to be an accomplished runner. When she was giving by advice about the 1/2 marathon I did she told me to take the water at every stop. Even If it don't feel like drinking it. take it and drink it or just went your mouth with it or pour it over you. So its ok that you drank the water. Call me sometime. Paige (again...ahhh) deleted all my contacts from my phone so I don't have your number. love ya and miss you!!!

Ashley said...

Good for you! I run my first 5K on August 15th and then my 10K October 10th. Then, dun dun dun, my 1/2 marathon December 13th. The training is tough, but I'm actually excited for the races. Let's see if I don't die! Your time was actually pretty average. People who finish 5K's in less than 20 mins are maniacs. They have to be fast runners, I swear! I'm not a fast runner so no worries. I'll be right there with you around 40 mins.

Woodside's said...

Good job! I am so proud of you! I know how much you don't like to run and you said you ran the whole thing....um awesome job girlfriend! I miss you and I need to call you soon to catch up! Love ya!

Abbie said...

High-five! That is awesome!

Wyatt said...

You are right...I don't believe it. But I am very impressed! Way to go! That is great.