I decided I needed to write down all of the things that I will miss about Texas. I'm so ready to be back in California, but Texas will always have a place in my heart and here are just a few reasons why...
1. Friends. We have made some friendships here that will hopefully continue on for a long, long time (thank you blogs!)
2. Parks. We are going to miss the great parks that we have found here. Our favorites are, of course, Andy Brown and Duck Pond Park (gonna miss those turtles that eat our bread in the mornings). And the recently discovered nature park in Coppell off of Bethel--perfect spot for pictures, but watch out for the red ants! :)
3. Grapevine Mills Mall. Especially The Children's Place--can't beat those prices!
4. Fort Worth Zoo. It is by far the best zoo I have ever been to.
5. Coppell. In general I am going to miss the Coppell area. We love all of the beautiful neighborhoods and gorgeous houses around here. When the weather was nice we went for many walks all over the neighborhoods around Bethel School and we'll definitely miss the peacefulness that can be found in this area. We also love that we can drive 10 minutes north or south and find all the shopping that we'll ever need.
6. Inanna Birth Center. I delivered Wes at the Birth Center in Denton and I was really hoping to have at least 1 more baby up there. I had such an awesome experience and am incredibly scared that I won't have the same experience with my following children. (If anybody knows of a great midwife in the Sacramento area please let me know!)
7. Saltgrass Steakhouse. They have the best ribs!
There are probably a hundred more things I could list, but for your sake I will stop here. For the past 3 1/2 years I have found ways of complaining about Texas, but in all reality I will miss you Texas! I'll always have great memories from "Deep in the Heart of Texas"! :)
Pictures were taken at Andy Brown Park.