Saturday, June 27, 2009

Finally...the apartment!

This took me forever because I had to do a different room everyday to move the mess around! I still didn't have any of our office--that one may take awhile to clear out.
Our neighbors above us moved in last week. We didn't realize how spoiled we've been not having upstairs neighbors, but we weren't about to be on the 3rd floor. Our carpet isn't really carpet. Because we wanted the bottom floor the only one that was left was a handicap. They told us the only difference would be the bars in the bathroom, but they failed to mention we wouldn't have any pad or nice plush carpet. It feels like we're living in office space sometimes and poor Wesley is trying not to fall too often on. It doesn't make for a soft landing.
All in all, though, we are happy with our new place. I really do love having all my stuff back. It felt like Christmas opening up all those boxes. We've especially enjoyed having family time--just the 3 of us. We've really appreciated our parents for helping us out, but I'm sure they'll agree that it was time for us to be our own family again!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks good! Good for you guys! I am still interested in how the practice is going... :)

Woodside's said...

I am so excited for pictures! It looks GREAT! The kitchen is so fun and you have done a nice job decorating it! I totally know what you mean about opening up those boxes after not having your stuff for months....it is like Christmas! I am so happy for you guys! Love you!

Stacey said...

Sorry about the carpet. But that's great that you have your own place again! Wooohooo! And Wes is as cute as always. :)

Henderson Family said...

I love your new place! And, I love how you have it decorated! Wesley is so cute! He knows just what to do for the camera... He has such a great smile!