Monday, April 13, 2009

Poppies, Poppies, Everywhere

I LOVE California Poppies! When my family first moved to Cali that is the first thing I fell in love with. They are scattered all over the freeways, byways, highways, you name it. This year there is a plethora of Poppies just down the street from where we live, so of course, photo op! Forgive me for I have not done any editing. I haven't had the time lately and I'd rather just share these than spend hours on making our personal pictures perfect. But I hope you enjoy these gorgeous wild flowers as much as I do!On another spring note...We had a dove make a nest in the backyard. I had the opportunity to watch her gathering the sticks and create this magnificent home. Then my mom watched, not even a week later, as a blue bird swooped down and snatched an egg right out of that nest. I ran over to see as the poor mother dove was frantically searching everywhere for her missing egg. I felt so bad for this amazing bird. I could not imagine losing a child as she had. My heart reached out to her and to all mothers that have had to endure such a heart ache. I feel so blessed to have my Wesley!

1 comment:

kristal said...

Mmm, I love poppies too! My grandma had a backyard full of them here. Nice shots!