Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's "It" Gonna Be?

I am now 18 weeks and I scheduled my ultrasound for Wednesday. We are so excited to find out what we're having and I'm so ready to start shopping! We would be excited to have a boy or a girl, but I'm a little nervous to have a girl and have to worry about doing her hair and making her all cute. I know it would be so fun, but seriously, what do you do with a girl?! What do you think we're having? You have until Wednesday to vote and I will make the announcement!
Update: It has been a tough 2nd pregnancy with being so sick. With Wesley I was sick up until my 2nd trimester and then the rest of the pregnancy was pretty much smooth sailing. I was counting down the days to the 2nd trimester this time just waiting for the vomiting and nauseousness to stop, but it never did. I was teased a few times by going a few days feeling great, but then it would come right back again. I took the throw up medicine the ER Doc gave me once and it stopped the vomiting, but I slept the whole day and I was winded just making Wesley some lunch. After that I went about a week and then it came back again for a day. And now I am on day 9 of freedom. I'm not going to say it's over because I jinx myself every time, so I have just been taking it a day at a time and today is a good day! :)

Funny story: At my appointment with the midwife yesterday, she was trying to find the heartbeat and she found it pretty quickly, but "he" ran away, so she searched again and found it again, but then "he" ran away again. This happened at least 3 more times. The whole while I would laugh cause I could feel "him" about to move. She finally got a faint enough heart beat for the amount of time she needed to. After she was done counting she said, "whew, you better watch out for this one!"

I did a partial photo shoot of this guy this morning and now I'm even more excited to meet our precious little one.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I was torn. I can see it going either way, because I can TOTALLY imagine Wesley with a brother, but at the same time, I think you might just be due for a girl. Plus, you know I thought the same way-What on EARTH will I do with a girl? What about hair things? What to do? But now that I've got this girl, I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE it. All women should have the experience even if they think they don't want it or know what to do with it! :)

Sorry about the sickness. Hope all goes well!

Woodside's said...

It was so nice to talk to you the other day on the phone and I am looking forward to seeing you! I just can't shake the feeling that you will have a girl....but I also think it would be fun to have two boys that can be buds. I am glad you have been feeling ok.

Tiffany Webber said...

Congrats on your pregnancy Hillary! I get so sick when I'm pregnant, I totally feel your pain. With Taylor and Kaden I threw up every single day until I was about 7 months. With Kaden I had to get several IV's and they ended up putting me on a Zofran pump that continuously gave me Zofran (just like an insulin pump does) I have hard enough pregnancy but having to stab yourself with the pump needle everyday made it even worse. By the time I was 20 weeks I was 12 lbs lighter than before I got pregnant! Thankfully the pump helped me out and I quit throwing up but I was on it for about 2 months. It was awful. I still threw up everyday until about 7 months but it wasn't the 10-15 times a day that it was before. So I hope you get better soon because I so know how it feels!! I can't wait to find out what you're having! My vote is a girl, but I'm always wrong so you're probably having a boy! lol!

Crystal Dever said...

You look so beautiful in that picture. I love it. I'm glad its been a good few days.

Garet and Amanda said...

Hey Hillary! I am so glad i read this blog before your ultrasound tomorrow. Our computer has been down so I haven't been able to get on the blog. Its been a long long time! I am so excited for you and I vote a girl. I hope you are continuing to feel better. love ya!!!